The Sci-fi Fantasy Reader's Review

My Comments on Science Fiction / Fantasy Books and other related media.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Game of Thrones

I watched the HBO series, The Game of Thrones and was blown away.  I have read two of the books from the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series and didn't really expect the quality that I saw watching this on TV.  Sean Bean is an excellent choice for playing one of the main characters, Lord Eddard Stark, and the rest of the cast is wonderful. I read the books a few years ago but a the story unfolded  I started to remember the characters and situations of intrigue.  It is a complex story with many characters and plots. I was so glad that the first episode followed the book.
The story line is complex but there is murder, political intrigue, with the growth of the characters.  The imagery of the scenery and the sets were amazing.  This HBO series should hold me until the next season of True Blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment