The Sci-fi Fantasy Reader's Review

My Comments on Science Fiction / Fantasy Books and other related media.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

True Blood Season 3

True Blood season 3 was so exciting yet was so removed from Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse series. The mixture of books was confusing to the veteran reader but I have talked to the tv viewers of True Blood and they love the storyline.
I was taken aback by the introduction of the faeries so early in the season. In the book, Sookie life is saved by a faerie named Claudine, a boxen tall brunette. She says she Sookie's fairy godmother.
I still don't like that Eric isn't his randy self in the television series who wants to get into Sookie's panties. He is so much more serious in the HBO series and with his vendetta against Russell Edington who is the King of Mississippi.
I'm anticipating Season 4 will be more the same with deviating from the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment